“The Medical & Health Symposium is a free three-day virtual conference April 7- 9, 2022 hosted by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation for everyone, and especially for those working in the healthcare or legal profession. Small business owners and professionals in the medical field can earn free continuing education credits while also learning valuable information on helping injured workers through recovery and return-to-work transitions, understanding legal terms in a medical world, as well as dealing with long term effects of Covid-19, understanding opioid use disorder, and dealing with pain management – issues many people deal with daily.
– Debi Kroninger, Ohio BWC Chief of Medical Operations
- Small businesses and professionals in the medical and legal fields can receive free continuing education. BWC is requesting approval for 19 different healthcare and legal professions.
- Hear firsthand the messages shared with healthcare and legal professionals regarding treating work-related injuries.
- Because laughter is good medicine, motivational humorist Kay Frances will end the symposium with a session on “Managing the Stress of Change.”
- Watch a live orthopedic knee surgery, accompanied by an informative presentation on knee and shoulder injuries, followed by Amberley Snyder from the Netflix original movie, “Walk. Ride. Rodeo.,” telling her personal story of recovery.
- Listen to national and state experts address some of today’s most pressing health and medical issues such as COVID-19, Pharmacogenetics and Opioid Use Disorder, Alternatives to Pain Management, Managing the Stress of Change, Optimizing Return to Work, the Aging Eye, and Breaking the Web of Needless Disability.