Sales Tip #609: Learn to Listen!
Building solid relationships, personally and professionally, requires you to be a good listener.
People equate not listening to not caring.
Here are five things you can do to improve your listening skills:
1. Listen without interrupting.
2. Try to understand their point of view, feelings, thinking, and needs.
3. Avoid rushing to conclusions.
4. Refrain from putting them on the defensive. (Listen without correcting.)
5. Accept their perceptions and feelings as valid expressions of a valued person.
If you want to win people and influence them, learn to listen.