How researching and attending the right events as a vendor can generate leads and enhance your business.
Choosing the right networking events for your business to attend is important. Business owners should have their own criteria for why they would attend an event, and identify a goal they want to achieve by the end of it. Walking into a conference or vendor hall without a plan can leave you walking away with wasted time and no new leads.
How to Choose the Right Event for Your Business
Markletic shares a few tips on how to select the right events for your business to participate in:
- Consider the events your target audience would attend. Narrowing down your reach can help you attract the right attention and gain interest from real potential customers.
- Find events that have a good mix of networking and work-related opportunities on the agenda. It’s great to attend the after-hours events to mingle and build connections, but it can be more beneficial to your business to attend the events that are more intentional with helping you find leads and resources.
- If you have products you would like to preview with your target audience, keep an eye out for vendor events. Do your research to figure out what vendor events in your area are the most well attended and offer the best incentives for vendors or sponsors.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Business Vendor Experience
Once you’ve decided on the events your team will invest their time in, make a plan or outline your goals and how you can make the most of the opportunity. Here are a few ideas from PurplePass on how to excel as a vendor at a local business networking event:
- Have your branding ready. Your business’ brand is important to its identity and how the audience will view what it has to offer. Your team’s attire and vendor space should look professional and clean.
- Be punctual. It takes time to get everything set up if you are monitoring a vendor booth, and at networking events arriving on time gives you more opportunities to make connections.
- Train your team to be expert networkers and well-prepared business representatives. Make sure your employees have everything they need to show their knowledge and passion for your business.
What Professional Skills Help You Excel at Vendor Events?
If you’re wondering how you can be a better vendor or networker, it’s all in the personality. Everwall says to be active by talking to as many people as possible, give people who visit your booth something to do that will encourage them to stick around, and stay positive. Every networking or vendor event may not lead to new business, but it can be a stepping stone in the right direction.
How can you find networking events in the tri-city area?
Subscribe to the WHACC weekly newsletters to stay up-to-date on all the special opportunities available for your business. We’ll keep you connected to information about local networking and vendor events.